Unhealthy lifestyles (habits) like smoking, alcohol or substance abuse are dismissing the lives of many people now-a-days.Unhealthy habits have negative effects on the Physical, Mental, Economic andSocial Life of a person. So, it is always better to look up for threatening signs to recognize their unhealthy habits in promising stages to avoid further damage.
There are some major threatening signs of unhealthy habits that affluence for identifying the victims.
Almost everybody is susceptible to bad habits – substance abuse
though people today are aware of the toxic significances of the unhealthy habits, most of them are addicted to them. Almost every-person is subjected to bad habits like Smoking, Alcohol or Substance Abuse.
It is most frequently observed in people, teen-ages in particular, start using these substances for fun or as an experimentation and then this may lead up to addiction. Some people accidentally undertake that they are stress busters and get addicted to these injurious habits.
Certain physical characteristics clearly designate the repetition of unhealthy habits. The advent of a person itself states if he/ she is using injurious substances. Some physical warnings are mentioned here which have to look out for.
- Bloodshot eyes or Dilated pupils: The most important mark of unhealthy habits in face is the presence of bloodshot eyes (Redness of eye). The eyes will be red and watery. The pupils will be smaller or larger than usual.
- Eating and Sleeping Behavior changing: When adapted to the unhealthy habits, people may change their eating and sleeping habits. Without any suitable diet, their physical health also affected. They usually wander around the streets and come late to home. You can see changes in their sleeping pattern.
- Deterioration of Personal Grooming: People challenging in unhealthy habits will not be attentive in any other-things except substance abuse. They will neglect their personal hygiency and appearance as they feel nothing is important than substance abuse. Personal grooming activities like Regular shower, Brushing teeth, Wearing clean clothes even their Gesture and others activities are abandoned by them.
- Unusual smells: Some people will commonly observe the unusual smells of drugs or alcohol from their body, breath and clothing.
You have commonly notice the certain changes in the behavior of some persons involved in committed unhealthy habits. There are some behavioral signs among people with unhealthy habits, listed below.
- Neglecting duties: People with unhealthy habits like drug and alcohol addiction will neglect their duties at home or workplace, which will indicate less interest towards family and work.
- Violency at home or workplace: Unhealthy practices such as smoking, alcohol or substance abuse may disturb the mental status of the user, which will be more irritated and aggressive. Usually they have problems with their friends at school or with co-employees at workplace, which may violence at home, school or workplace hurting themselves or their surrounding people.
- Frequently getting to troubles: As they are related with Mental insecurity, Lack of concentration and Coordination, which may susceptible to accidents. With aggressive and intense behavior, they frequently get into troubles like fights, illegal activities and crimes, which may borrow or steal money or other valuables to purchase harmful substances.
- Sudden change in friend relationships: You have commonly notice sudden change in their friends, which prefer to devote time with friends who are linked with unhealthy habits.
Confirming substance abuse?
Use drug test kits
Physical and behavioral warning signs, which are mentioned above, specify a person’s unhealthy habits. However, you should use drug testing kits to confirm substance abuse, which may be better to use drug testing kits approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as they provide a precise, accurate and reliable results within minutes, which are safe and easy to use.
Several drug test kits are planned for use at Homes, Schools, Government organizations and Workplaces.
Guidance the abuser to instruct healthy habits
Once you confirm the substance abuse, then it is essential to implement corrective measures to prevent them from ongoing unhealthy habits.
- Accurate and Reliable treatment and ongoing support from family/ friends/other relations may help them to stay away from drug usage.
- Advise them to instruct healthy living habits.
- Participate in physical activities like Exercise, Jogging and Sports.
Recognizing unhealthy habits, timely interpolation and treatment are necessary to set as conclusion to unhealthy lifestyle. So always look out the above stated notice signs of unhealthy habits.